Monday, April 29, 2013

Welcome to Legoland!

No, it's not what you think. Yes, we've been to Legoland, several times. You and Daddy even have passes right now. But tonight's post is about your creativity and the imagination play you've developed over the last couple of months. It started with you getting into Daddy's wallet and taking out the cards. I got your Lego star wars wallet (that you got after seeing Jaren's wallet - you just had to have your own wallet after that) and gave you your Lego and Zoo passes, plus a couple of other cards. Then, you said, "Mom, you have to be the Lego person," and began looking around for something, I wasn't sure what. And I wasn't sure what being a Lego person meant. You took your work bench and moved it to the intersection in the hall, then told me again that I needed to be the Lego person. Oh, I get it! You want me to be the person who takes the passes at Legoland! So, I stood behind your workbench and said, "Welcome to Legoland!" You smiled the most adorable smile and then I said, "May I have your pass please?" You took your Lego pass out of your wallet, closed the wallet, and then handed it to me. I "swiped" the pass and handed it back to you. You beamed! I said, "You may enter Legoland now." Then you walked past the workbench. We did that a couple more times then you wanted to trade places. I was the one with the pass now. You were so adorable as the Lego person! Trying to sound so professional! You showed me all around Legoland too! You showed me the Lego cat (Oni) that was activated by pressing a button on the space shuttle. You showed me the Lego shark and the baby Lego shark. You showed me the Lego Batman car and several other "Lego" things. Then it was Daddy's turn. SO much fun!! Love your imagination!

No comments: