Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby's First Football


The last five days have been really hard. My morning sickness is a moving target. I never know how bad it's going to be or what will help to alleviate it. Something that helped yesterday no longer works today. I had maybe an hour yesterday of non-nausea. While upstairs yesterday, having a good cry and talking to my baby about how he's going to be the most appreciated baby on the planet and how he'll never have to tell anyone he was an accident (like most babies), I remembered something...

I remembered a football that I bought almost 4 years ago. I bought it when I was shopping for a baby shower - don't remember which one now, there have been so many. I bought several things for the baby shower and then I saw this football. I had to get it...for MY baby. If you know us at all, this makes PERFECT sense. This was after we'd spent a year trying to have a baby ourselves and we had just started with an infertility doctor. I was so optimistic that we would be pregnant soon that I bought our baby his (or her) first toy.

There were many times over the next four years that I stumbled across this little football. Sometimes I cried because we still weren't pregnant and didn't know if we would ever be. Sometimes I thought to myself, "It's time to throw this away." Sometimes I just put it back in the hopes that I would stumble across it again.

What had I done with it? I couldn't remember. Was it still in the closet? I jumped off my bed to search for it. It became one of my non-nauseous moments of yesterday. There it is! I hadn't gotten rid of it. Now I'm crying tears of joy because I have someone to give it to! And I've been carting it around with me ever since...

3 comments:

Aunt Sheri said...

Kor,
That is the most precious little football ever and so perfect for you and Scott.
I loves you so sis. =)

Danielle said...

What a great story. The football is perfect. Remember we are always around to bring a meal on those nonnauseous day or just come over for a visit.

Keep grooving baby C!

rgl said...

Kor,
You are such a tech master-get it out of your system now because once your dreamchild arrives you'll be lucky if you ever see a blog for the first year!! I'm thrilled for you guys. Can't say it enough-there's nothing like a family.

XXOO,
rosina