Friday, November 21, 2008

Baby's First Graduation!


We graduated from our infertility clinic yesterday. The ceremony came complete with a certificate and plenty of shaking hands and hugs to go around.

Baby Corbett was very entertaining. Lots of leg kicking with some general thrashing around and moving all body parts. He (or she) is 3.71cm (1.5 inches) now. It's SO amazing that you can see SO much detail when they're SO little!

Now comes the fun part of finding a good OB doc. The first one I saw last week was COLD! She rushed through the whole five minutes she was with me and basically scolded me for waiting until I was 40 to get pregnant! Can you believe that? I immediately switched to the other doctor in that office when I heard how compassionate he was as I passed an exam room he was in. I haven't seen him yet, though. I had my "initial screening" yesterday afternoon with a nurse practitioner who was equally as cold. She didn't even introduce herself! Weird! I would LOVE to see the OB that I saw several years ago when I needed "woman plumbing" exploratory surgery, but, alas, he is part of a network that my insurance no longer covers. :( Our health care system is whack!

3 comments:

Aunt Sheri said...

A big Yay for your graduation - all y'all!!!!!

And, yeah, good luck with the whole friggin' OB thang.

Maybe Mamasource could help with some local kick-ass referrals. It sucks that you can't interview a doc before you go with them, well mostly.

Luvs to you Kor,
Sherbie

Danielle said...

Not sure what OB you're using but it sounds like you need a new one. If the new guy doen't pan out try dr. o'hara. I hear the office staff can be a little cold but he's great!

ella mae smile said...

Kori and Scott,

Congratulations! We are so happy for you two, er, three. It's only been 8 months since Ella's first ultrasound, but we remember it as if it were yesterday because it filled us with such a profound sense of life and joy. We wish you all the best and look forward to hearing updates on baby C's progress. By the way, we predict that it will be a girl, based on the level of your nausea, which, we've heard, is worse when a woman is carrying a female . . . like Ella!

All the best!

Yvie, Sean, & Ella